Towards a more inclusive city
Association of Architects and Project Owners, AMO’s mission is to facilitate dialogue between those who commission and those who design in order to create quality real estate projects.
The renewal that public and private commissions are undergoing today invites us to reconsider this binomial through the prism of current changes in the profession.
In addition to the duo [architects – project owners], investors, users, companies, associations, operators and manufacturers are invited to take part in the fab lab of a capable city. Today, it is their visions, inputs and resources that must converge to anticipate new ways of living, working, moving and consuming, as well as financing and building the city.
A new relationship to the living, to time, the dissolution of boundaries between private and public, between inside and outside, above and below: the making of a city is changing paradigms and abandoning the program’s stagnation in favor of the dynamics of uses by welcoming new entrants.
It seems essential to encourage the transmission of an architectural culture and the creation of a common project culture. Reinforcing the complicity between architects and project owners means consolidating the foundation on which to build new practices. By opening the circle, AMO wishes to update this common culture and index it to new practices and new feedback.
Martin Duplantier – Chairman, AMO national association
AMO has drawn a 7-points strategy:
- Promote new practices in the conception, design and management of real estate projects.
- Defuse conflicts of competence in favor of new ways of managing, pooling and co-building the city.
- Approach the city through the prism of construction but also of transformation, addition, superimposition and reuse.
- Anticipate and participate in the emergence of new uses, new activations, new temporalities in the urban project.
- Assume responsibility for the construction sector’s carbon footprint by encouraging sober practices, operating methods and materials.
- Addressing all scales and valuing the positive externalities that each can generate.
- Finally, bring together the most daring players and share pioneering experiences.